Walk up to any department store beauty counter and you will see an array of facial serums. The dizziness sets in as the promise of glowing skin surrounds you amidst the smell of strong allergy-induced perfume.
The ONE thing you can count on from any brand of high-end skincare companies, is that they WILL have a Vitamin C Serum in their collection. They don't don't pay the research team big bucks to NOT do their due diligence in finding the perfect and most long-standing superfood ingredient in at least one of their serums.
So why is Vitamin C in so many skincare products?
Vitamin C is touted as one of the best anti-aging ingredients on the market — and the key to maintaining a smooth, even, and glowy complexion. Although you’re probably getting vitamin C in your diet, there’s no way to guarantee that it’s going straight to your skin. Using serums and other topical products is the most direct way to reap these benefits.
SEE WHY FACIAL SERUMS ARE TRENDING FOR 2020: https://www.tendollarserum.com/post/the-hottest-trend-in-skincare-for-2020
Why is Vitamin C ALL THE RAGE?
1. It is safe for most skin types: Most people can use topical vitamin C for an extended period of time without experiencing any adverse reactions. In rare cases, some people who have hypersensitive skin may experience minor irritation. Vitamin C is also safe to use in conjunction with other skin care actives including exfoliating serums.
2. It is super hydrating: It decreases transepidermal water loss, allowing your skin to better retain moisture.
3. It brightens skin: Vitamin C can help fade pigmentation and smooth the skin’s surface to reduce dullness. This gives skin a youthful glow.
4. It helps reduce redness and even our skin tone: Topical Vitamin C is used to treat a huge variety of inflammatory skin conditions. Minimizing redness can create a more even complexion.
5. Helps to fade hyperpigmentation: Sun spots, age spots and melasma occur when melanin is overproduced in certain areas of the skin. Topical Vitamin C has been shown to impede melanin production which can help fade dark spots and lead to a more even-toned complexion.
6. It reduces the appearance of under-eye circles: By smoothing fine lines and plumping and hydrating the under-eye area, topical Vitamin C is effective at reducing overall redness and alleviate the discoloration associated with under-eye circles.
7. It promotes collagen production: Collagen is a naturally-occuring protein which depletes over time. Lower level of collagen can lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
8. It may help to prevent skin sagging: Collagen production is tied to skin elasticity and firmness. When collagen levels drop, your skin may begin to sag.
9. It protects against sun damage and can even sooth sunburn: Sun damage is caused by molecules called free radicals. These are atoms with a missing electron. Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect healthy skin cells by “giving” these free radicals an electron, rendering them harmless.
With that huge array of benefits, it is unlikely that Vitamin C serum will be leaving the cosmetic industry anytime soon.
IF YOU GREW UP IN THE 60's & 70's...basically you are pretty cool: https://www.tendollarserum.com/post/if-we-grew-up-in-the-60-s-70-s-does-that-now-make-us-old
Two products we are obsessed with which contains Vitamin C: